1. Please check your documents when you receive them. Call us if you have any questions at +1 646-685-4514
2. CHECK-IN - Please remember that the minimum check-in time for domestic flights is 2 hours and for international flights 3 hours.
BE PREPARED TO PRESENT A GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO I.D. AT CHECK0IN COUNTER
3. If your plans change en-route, please contact us for assistance. Additional charges may apply.
4. Please note that quoted times, flights and fares are based on current tariffs that are subject to change without notice.
5. HOTELS are usually confirmed on a guaranteed payment basis. If you cancel or change plans, please notify us within the time period specified by that hotel.
Rules may vary by property.
6. Please be aware that TOUR/PACKAGE PRICES are subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations, tariff changes or increase in operational costs. In addition, group tours/packages are based on a minimum number of passengers traveling: if the number of passengers falls below the minimum required, a surcharge may be imposed on all passengers.
7. IMPORTANT!!! If you are at an airline ticket or passenger check-in counter with your confirmed ticket and find that the airline shows no reservations for you do not leave the counter. Check your ticket. If the status box shows "OK" for the flight in question, the airline must accommodate you on that flight, or if that is not possible, they must either find a substitute flight or pay you denied boarding compensation. If necessary ask to speak to a supervisor or call us.
8. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS 'We reserve the right to charge processing fees in the event of refunds, cancellations and other services.'
9. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY - This travel agency is acting as a mere agent for suppliers in selling travel-related services, or in accepting reservations or bookings for services that are not directly supplied by this travel agency (such as air and ground transportation, hotel accommodations, meals, tours, cruises, etc.). This agency, therefore, shall not be responsible for breach of contract of any intentional or careless actions or omissions on part of such suppliers, which result in any loss, damage, delay, or injury to you or your travel companions or group members. Unless the term "guaranteed" is specifically stated in writing on your tickets, invoice, or reservation itinerary, we do not guarantee any of such suppliers' rates, bookings, reservations, connections, scheduling, or handling of personal effects. Fifth Meridian Travel shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveler in connection with terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climactic conditions, criminal acts or abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel agent's control. Traveler assumes complete and full responsibility for, and hereby releases the agency from any duty of, checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry requirements of each destination, and all safely or security conditions at such destinations, during the length of the proposed travel. For information concerning possible dangers at international destinations, contact the Travel Advisory Section of the U.S. State Department (202) 647 5225. For medical information, call the Public Health Service (404) 332-4559. By embarking upon his/her travel, the traveler voluntarily assumes all risks involved in such travel, whether expected or unexpected. Traveler is hereby warned of such risks, and is advised to obtain appropriate insurance coverage against them. Traveler's retention of tickets, reservations, or bookings after issuance shall constitute a consent to the above, and an agreement on his/her part to convey the contents hereto to his/her travel companions or group members.
10. Proof of identity is required for all travel. Without proper identification, or passport and necessary visas you will not be permitted to depart.
It is your responsibility to verify your necessary travel documents.
11. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND TRAVEL INSURANCE. There are different types of medical, baggage or trip cancellations insurance.
NOTE: Insurance coverage may not cover pre-existing conditions and may have other restrictions and exclusions.
We can assist you in securing the best coverage for your trip.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF AIRLINE BANKRUPTCIES:
Hopefully there will not be any more airline bankruptcies, but it has to be recognized that they might occur. You should know how they might affect you.
1. If an airline declares bankruptcy, it is not obligated to carry you or to refund tickets issued before the bankruptcy. Travel agents are not allowed to refund tickets on airlines which have declared bankruptcy. Money given to a travel agent immediately becomes to property of the airlines, and we are required by laws to comply with airlines’ orders.
2. If an airline declares bankruptcy, it might continue service, limit service, or stop completely. Other airlines might accept passengers under limited circumstances or may refuse to accept any passengers from the defaulted carrier. Meanwhile there are fine travel insurance plans available for passengers to protect themselves in case of airline bankruptcies.
Fifth Meridian Travel and its agents have endeavored to secure the lowest possible fare, suitable for your travel requirements, based on space available at the time of booking, accessible sources of information, and knowledge of agents involved. This agency cannot guarantee, in view of the deregulation of airline fares, that the fare indicated on the ticket will be the lowest possible fare at departure date. Please contact us before departure if you wish to recheck any newly introduced fare that may correspond with your specific travel requirements. PLEASE NOTE that retention of tickets, reservations or bookings after issuance shall constitute acceptance of all the provisions in the conditions listed hereto, as well as those terms and conditions set forth in the announcements and circulars of the tour/package, cruise or service.